A GROOM WITH A VIEW
If you find your preferred grooming date is booked out – please phone 9417 3329 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org as our friendly staff can often find you a special time that suits you.
Cat grooming is usually an issue for your cat and, whilst cats, for the most part, are quite capable of grooming themselves, there are times when a helping hand may be required. Also as our demand for certain breeds, and hybrids has increased, so we see more and more long haired cats in breed-ownership statistics. With an increasingly busy – and dirty- environment, especially for outdoor cats, so problems with coat conditions are also on the increase. Also, because better care means cats are living longer, they now routinely outlive the point where arthritis or other medical problems may hinder a cat’s ability to self-groom. This is where the expert cat grooming that we provide at The Cat Palace comes in.
Many cats are now reacting to the airborne particles landing on their skin and making them ITCH intolerably. The condition is called atopy, and is similar to the eczema of children and adults. If you have the genetics, you will get the itch. Aside from that, many of the longhaired cats – Ragdolls and persians – are finding it harder to keep their coats clean, as the more they lick, the more the pollens, moulds and diesel stick to their coats, making them daggy and knotty. Regular grooming is the key – and the Feline Fine grooming service every Saturday helps cats go home feline divine
Of course, cats who are uncomfortable get washed at other times, but one of the features of the Saturday service is that your cat will get the full wash and blow dry attention of a Kitty Day Spa! ‘Clawdicures’ and Clipping – both Lamb Clips and Lion Clips – are increasingly popular for home hair management!
Won’t Cause Drowsiness
The clips can be done without sedation most of the time – a pretty unique service here in Sydney where many groomers routinely sedate their clients (the cats, not the owners!) – but Dr Kim is available for the scardey cats and the very matted ones who need to be sedated for their comfort and safety, to prevent clipper nicks. Usually, though, the expert way in which we handle even the tetchiest of felines means we can get through the groom with minimal fuss and very little stress for either party!
Only if we feel there is a risk of injury would we consider sedating the cat, and we will talk to you about this before we do anything.
Most cats tolerate and then enjoy the Anivac Pure Oxygen wash they get. It pulls the dirt out of your cat’s coat right down to the skin. Some of the stuff that comes off is really yukky – no wonder the cats are having trouble keeping clean!
The Pure Oxygen shampoo also conditions the skin and removes any yeast infection (called Malassezia – and the equivalent of our dandruff!).
After any initial nervousness from new noises and smells, most cats appreciate the warm massage effect they get from the Anivac, and rather enjoy it!
Click any image in the gallery below to browse the grooming process from start to finish
Shedding the extra cat fur means knots and tangles for some of our feline friends. Your cat’s little tongue has to do a lot of work to keep all that fur manageable! A warm, massaging wash at the Kitty Day Spa may be just what she needs! From Himalayan and Persian Princesses, Royal Ragdolls and Birmans, Maine Coons and Norwegian Forest Cats through to longhaired moggies, unkempt kitties and even some Rexes, our crew can help keep feline skin clean and itch-free, eliminate the flea burden and send your cat home the complete Glamour Puss!
OUR GROOMING FAQ
- Cats curl up and hide when they sense things aren’t in the realms of their own “normal”, and it can take some effort to avoid being bitten or scratched by a defensive cat. Our grooming staff have the experience to deal with such situations, so let them take the sting. Literally!
- Some cats love water, some don’t. If yours doesn’t, no coaxing on earth will convince it that it’s a good thing you’re doing. Again, our staff know how to cope with this, and are experts in getting even the most wary feline to cooperate.
- Cats have more fur than you could ever imagine. Think about how much fur gets on your furniture or clothes every day, and then think about washing and drying every single one of the hairs still attached to your cat’s body.
- Cats are not dogs. Most dogs will stand there and be washed and dried without an issue. The second you set up for a washing session, the cat will be looking for an escape route.
- When you’ve finished washing the cat, the amount of hair and water covering your recently pristine bathroom will be enough to make you wonder why you ever thought a DIY wash was a good idea.
- You know those claws which tear through your furniture and clothes effortlessly? Consider clipping them without a team of men in riot gear ready to help out.
- You don’t need to be the “bad” guys. Let us carry that burden.